60 Sublingual Tablets ( SKU: AU9704 )
- Co-methylcobalamin bypasses active absorption routes enabling the restoration of normal B12 levels even in individuals with impaired absorptive capacity1-3
- Provides B12 at a dose of 5 mg per day in sublingual tablet format, allowing for a fast-acting delivery system, directly into the blood stream
- Co-methylcobalamin supports sustained B12 levels in the body compared to cyanocobalamin due to decreased urinary excretion4
- Suitable for vegetarians
Opti B12 contains the bioactive form of vitamin B12: Co-methylcobalamin. This form has enhanced bioavailability and is in a convenient, sublingual format for rapid absorption into the bloodstream.
|Each Tablet Contains:|
|Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (active vitamin B12)||5 mg|
1 tablet per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.
WARNINGS: Vitamins can only be of assistance if the dietary vitamin intake is inadequate.
1. Parry TE. Megaloblastic anaemia in the elderly. Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1987 Jun;1(2):315-53.
2. Kim HI, Hyung WJ, Song KJ, Choi SH, Kim CB, Noh SH. Oral vitamin B12 replacement: an effective treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency after total gastrectomy in gastric cancer patients. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Dec;18(13):371-7.
3. Bolaman Z, Kadikoylu G, Yukselen V, Yavasoglu I, Barutca S, Senturk T. Oral versus intramuscular cobalamin treatment in megaloblastic anemia: a single- center, prospective, randomized, open-label study. Clin Ther. 2003 Dec;25(12):3124-34.
4. Okuda K, Yashima K, Kitazaki T, et al. Intestinal absorption and concurrent chemical changes of methylcobalamin. J Lab Clin Med 1973;81:557-567.